As part of the VA MISSION Act of 2018, The Veterans Association (VA) began offering urgent care services to provide Veterans with greater choice and access to timely, high-quality care. Beginning on of June 6, 2019, VA started offering eligible Veterans an urgent care benefit in the community.
As the only TriCare and TriWest provider, Urgent Care TX is proud to be the first Urgent Care clinic in Cleburne, TX to serve the ones who serve our great country. This new benefit provides an alternative option for the treatment of minor injuries and illnesses.
- Urgent care providers treat injuries and illnesses that require immediate attention but are not life-threatening, such as influenza, minor burns, and skin infections.
- This benefit is considered open access, allowing Veterans to access urgent care within VA’s community care network and receive care without prior authorization from VA. The benefit started in June 2019.
- VA will pay for or fill prescriptions resulting from your urgent care visit. The urgent care provider may write a medically necessary prescription for up to a 14-day supply. Veterans will be able to fill their prescription at any in-network pharmacy with Express Scripts.
- The construction of the urgent care network is well underway with thousands of locations nationwide, and it will be fully complete by July 15, 2019. To ensure the most optimal user experience, you will continue to see refinements to this tool.
- To check eligibility, call 1-833-4VETNOW (1-833-483-8669).
- Click here to read important tips
- For a complete list of services that are covered, please visit https://missionact.va.gov.