Memorial Day Weekend Safety Tips
It’s Memorial Day Weekend. We get together to honor the men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice while serving our country. As we gather to reflect and recreate with family and friends, keep these Memorial Day Weekend Safety Tips in mind, to ensure another fun and safe weekend.
- Buckle up, designate a sober driver or get Uber.
- Practice defensive driving. No one wins in a road rage.
- Get plenty of sleep to avoid fatigue, and drive attentively, avoiding distractions.
- Keep kids, pets and flammable away from the grill have a Fire Extinguisher nearby
- Don’t ever leave a grill or fire unattended and extinguish all fires completely when done.
- Keep grills, bonfires and fire pits away from low hanging branches and materials that can easily catch fire.
- Do not grill indoors.
- Never add starter fuel to already ignited charcoal.
Under the Sun:
- Use SFP 15 or higher sunscreen, apply it 30 minutes before exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- If someone feels faint or nauseous, move them to a cool place immediately, and apply cold to the back of their neck and forehead.
On the Water
- Avoid alcohol when swimming, boating or tubing.
- Never swim alone and or let your loved ones swim alone
- No swimming, tubing or boating after sunset